Here is my obligatory blog launch post where I tell you about how I created my blog and so that there is at least one post here ;)
I ended up choosing Nikola mainly because:
- It's written and extended in Python (my default language)
- It has pretty good support for Emacs Org-Mode markup via a plugin
- Simple while still supporting basic blog & general purpose web pages
Nikola is basically a wrapper around
doit with special functions for
doit is essentially a python programmable replacement for
and just about every experience report with static site generators is
that they are just fancy makefiles. QED
In future posts I hope to discuss some practical issues around:
- Tools and tips for data science projects as applications and pipelines.
- Managing dependencies, virtualenvs, repository structure, and release management for python projects.
- Setting up and managing personal configuration and infrastructure in a linux environment.
- Software architecture and design.
The goal of my posts will not be tutorials around how to use specific tools but rather how they all can fit together and integrate.